01 June 2011

No Bank Account?

Well, right now I was supposed to be at the local Bank of China branch, opening an account.  My assistant and I went there with the school driver.  Unfortunately, there is some kind of computer system change in progress, and they cannot process a new account application until after June 7.

I suspect it involves a database port, and they can't add any new entries (accounts) to the database until the port is completed.  It seems, though, like a week is an awfully long time for such a project.  In the U.S., they would write a program to get it done over the weekend.

At any rate, that means no bank account yet.  I've been told this is mostly a cash economy anyway, in spite of the abundance of banks.  Oh, well, at least I've got cash.  And my apartment door has some serious deadbolt action (pics of that later), so I'm not worried about someone breaking in.

I just got the homework books of two more students to correct, so it's back to the grindstone.  Gotta work to keep these paydays coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment