12 July 2009

Camp Fleischmann

Tomorrow morning at 06:00, I'll be leaving to go camping with Troop 58 of Redwood Empire Council, Boy Scouts of America. (In 1996, I became the fourth Eagle Scout from that troop.) I am currently volunteering as an Assistant Scoutmaster with Troop 58, and the Troop Committee, as standard operating procedure, has paid my camp fee, because I will be giving my time for the good of the troop.

We will be going to Camp Fleischmann, a summer camp facility operated by Nevada Area Council in the Lassen National Forest. The drive will take about 5.5 hours. I will be getting up at 04:30. (Yes, I'm up past my bedtime.) Fortunately, I will not be driving further than the troop meetup point in southeast Santa Rosa.

I will try to take pictures, but I don't know if I'll be able to recharge my camera battery. I will be up in the mountains, completely incommunicado for the next week, unless an emergency message reaches me. So, this is my sign-off. I will be back next Saturday in the late afternoon/early evening. Until then, this is Sean Pearson, signing out.

1 comment: