11 July 2009

Bad News

Well, just when I think I've got things figured out, I get a curveball in my inbox. My recruiter sent this out on Thursday night, and I received it on the morning of Friday, 10 July 2009:


Hi, Sean

Bad news.
The school decided not to hire you because of ADH you have. Sorry.

Please explain specifically about the symptom, treatment(any madicine you take regulary) and your condition and so on.
After getting your response, we will try with another school.

Regards,
Mina

This doesn't seem right, for multiple reasons:
  1. In the U.S., it is illegal to discriminate based on a recognized disability such as AD/HD, if the applicant can perform the job with reasonable accommodation. Of course, this doesn't apply outside the U.S., so I can't judge them based on our laws.

  2. The recruiter told me that, by sending a scanned copy of the signed contract, I was committed to this position. She said that if I pulled out at this point, then no other public school in the province would hire me. Yet they can drop me with no consequences. I think this is an inappropriate double standard.

Of course, this is all in God's hands. I need to learn to trust Him more. I have e-mailed two other recruiters that seem good, and told them I am open to new offers. Of course, I also e-mailed the first recruiter with the information she requested. I think I may also consider applying to GEPIK directly. I don't know if that would be better or not.

I need your prayers for this situation, that God's will would be made clear to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment