21 April 2011

good news

That was the subject of Jane's e-mail. The content did not disappoint:
Hi Sean,
Our HR is going to Nanjing this afternoon, right now. She will send you the invitation letter today. You may get it in 4 or 5 days, I think.
Please wait and get it next week!
I am excited to see you soon!
Jane
For the record, this is the first time I have actually been approved for a work visa in a foreign country.  My first visa was actually issued to my parents, as I was a babe in arms and my passport was merely an added page in my mother's passport.  My latest trip overseas was on a 90-day visitor's pass.  This time I'm legit.  It's not exactly a green card, but it's good enough for now.

Prayer Requests
First of all, praise God for allowing my invitation letter to be issued!  I was getting a bit worried that it was taking slightly longer than estimated.  In fact, it only took two days longer.  That may not slow me down very much.  This after her previous e-mail led me to think that it might take an extra week.

Secondly, please pray for the visa application on my end.  I know it's just supposed to be routine, but anything could happen.  I don't want to take God for granted now.

Finally, I would appreciate it if you would please pray for my packing and other preparations.  There are a thousand and one little details, and it would be so easy to forget something like, say, getting my hair cut and beard trimmed before the photo and visa interview.

That's it.  Thanks for reading, and thanks for praying.  God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment