29 August 2009

Warrior Preparing for Liftoff

Well, I got back from Enlightened Warrior Training Camp in one piece. Thanks to this intense experience, I finally learned what it means to operate from the heart instead of the head. This lesson wasn't cheap; not only did it cost a lot of money, it also cost a little blood, and plenty of sweat and tears. I feel like a new man. For a more detailed description, you'll have to go there yourself. I've been sworn to secrecy regarding the specifics of the process, and if you ever go there yourself (which I recommend only if you want to become a better person), you'll appreciate why. Advance information would significantly lessen the impact of the experience.

When I arrived home, I found my mom preparing a special beef dinner. Surprisingly, she found a recipie that she hadn't made yet, and, of course, it turned out fabulous. My mom and I both shed a few tears. I'm not sure what she was feeling, but I was realizing that I'm going to miss her cooking, among countless other things that are so wonderful about my mother.

Well, I leave the house in a little over twelve hours, so I've got to get back to packing. I just found out that the school will give me up to $500 above the cost of a regular airline ticket to cover extra baggage/shipping. Thank God!

Prayer Requests: Please pray that I would be able to safely pack everything I need to bring, and get it through all the security and customs checkpoints OK. Please pray that my contact at the school would have a safe drive to the airport to pick me up. Please pray for all the packing, preparations, air travel, and immigration details would go smoothly. If anyone asks, I'm just visiting the country, and my contact and her husband are friends that I met online, which is true. I guess this is the way it's done in Korea. I just have to stay calm and centered, which is easier now that I'm an Enlightened Warrior.

Please also pray for my family, especially my mother, that we would have peace about this parting. Pray especially for my mother, as she will miss me very much. Pray also for me, please, as I just finally got in touch with how much I love my family, and I will miss very much being able to share this with them.

Finally, please pray that I would continue to stay in touch with my heart, and operate from my heart, instead of operating from my head as I have for so long. I think I finally understand what that means, what that feels like. Please pray that I would continue to improve in this area. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment