23 August 2009

Departure Preparations, Part 2

Well, I had to repack both my bags to put the denser things in the smaller bag (since they both have the same weight limit), but I was able to get a bit more in my bags. I'm now actually able to bring board shorts, regular shorts, and my special memory-foam pillow! (I was worried. The pillow is heavy, and essential for me to get a good night's sleep.)

I also got a magicJack (from Radio Shack), which uses my computer and a broadband connection to create a telephone jack that will work anywhere, with the same area code and number. I used my mother's area code, of course. This will allow me to call her from Korea without having to set up special software on her computer. Thanks to my friend Jerry for turning me on to this device. I'll let you all know how it works.

Tomorrow I leave for Warrior Camp. They don't say much about what I'll be doing there, but they do give me a detailed packing list. I'm just about finished with assembling the items listed. I've got to go finish packing and get to bed. So long for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment