06 March 2013

Two Pretty Things

Here is a picture of two pretty things.  Meet my girlfriend, Sophie, wearing the scarf I made for her.  Details are in this entry.  Yes, I did get the scarf finished in time for Valentine's Day.  No, she was not there to receive it; it had to wait for Lantern Festival.  I had a hard time finding a good time to take a picture of her wearing it, and finally had to settle for a mediocre shot.

Don't get me wrong, I think the scarf looks great.  But Sophie, in this picture, is not looking her best.  In real life, on a good day, she looks much better than she does in this picture.  Probably something about a flash-lit shot in the evening, just as dusk was falling.  (Also, when she's not wearing a coat, one can better appreciate her excellent figure.)  But, the weather is now getting too warm to wear a cabled alpaca scarf, and she insisted I put this one up.  I'll try to get a better picture of Sophie in a more flattering light.

Prayer Requests
I'm scheduled to lead worship at church on Sunday.  Four songs, English and Chinese.  (No, I can't read Chinese writing, only a handful of characters.  But I can read the pinyin phonetic versions of the songs well enough to sing them, if I have the lyrics in front of me.)  Please pray that I would be able choose good songs, and also sing on-key.

Also, Sophie is meeting her mother in Nanjing this weekend, and wants me to come.  (She'll go on Friday, I'll meet them on Saturday.)  Please pray for that meeting, and our relationship in general.  Our communication still needs improvement, among other things.

That's all for now.  I've got to finish choosing the songs for Sunday, in time to prepare the song sheets for practice tomorrow evening.  Thanks for reading, and thanks for praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment