07 August 2011

Chinese Lovers' Day

Saturday, August 6, was the Double Seven Festival, more commonly known in China as Lovers' Day.  On Friday evening, as Yi Feng and I sat talking on a department store bench, she told me the legend on which this day is based.  (Her story was slightly different from the Wikipedia version.)  For most of Saturday, I was busy volunteering for Hudai Church, or traveling there and back.  However, I arranged with Yi Feng to meet me in the New District, and we went out to dinner.

Most of my readers know that I don't have any experience with this sort of thing.  However, this time I picked a good restaurant that she hadn't been to before (I had, with some school staff), and we got a private room.  The meal was delicious, made all the more so by the excellent company that I had to share it with.  We enjoyed ourselves immensely.  Yes, I was a gentleman.

Prayer Requests
I can't imagine how I ever came to be this fortunate.  I am truly grateful to God for bringing Yi Feng into my life.  Praise God for his marvelous goodness to me!

Today, Yi Feng will take her mother to church in the morning.  Mrs. Wu wants to see why this Christian thing is so important to Yi Feng.  I will not be there.  For one thing, that service is always extremely crowded.  For another, it will all be in Chinese.  I will try to meet them after the service.

So, please pray for that meeting, that it would go well.  More importantly, please pray that Mrs. Wu's heart would be softened, and she would be open to the gospel.

Got to get ready to go.  Thanks for reading, and thanks for praying.  God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment